As we reach the beginning of a new year, it’s time to start thinking about the top trends that are upcoming for interior design. 2023 is shaping up to be an exciting year for interior design, with a mix of new and timeless styles emerging as the must-have looks for the year.
Here are the top 5 interior design trends to watch out for in 2023:
- Sustainable materials: As people become more environmentally conscious, there is an increasing demand for sustainable materials in interior design. This includes materials such as bamboo, cork, and recycled wood, as well as natural fabrics like cotton, wool, and linen.
- Biophilic design: Biophilic design is all about bringing the outdoors inside, through the use of plants, natural light, and natural materials. This trend not only adds a touch of greenery to your home, but also has been shown to improve mental health and wellbeing.
- Bold patterns and colors: In 2023, we’ll see a shift away from minimalism towards bolder, more vibrant patterns and colors. Look for statement wallpapers, colorful artwork, and patterned fabrics to make a big impact in your home.
- Maximalism: Speaking of bold design, maximalism is also set to be a major trend in 2023. This style is all about layering patterns, textures, and colors to create a bold and eclectic look. Mixing and matching different styles and periods is key to achieving this look.
- Multifunctional spaces: With more and more people working from home, there is a growing need for multifunctional spaces that can serve multiple purposes. Look for design solutions that allow a room to be used for multiple activities, such as a home office that can also be used as a guest room or a living room that can be transformed into a home gym.
Overall, 2023 is shaping up to be an exciting year for interior design, with a mix of sustainable materials, biophilic design, bold patterns and colors, maximalism, and multifunctional spaces leading the way. So, these are the top 5 interior design trends to watch out for in the coming year.